[wpe-webkit] WPE windows support

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Wed Aug 24 04:08:11 PDT 2022

Hello

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 20:26:00 -0700 张昊 <zhanghao.m at bytedance.com> wrote:

> I would like to ask what is the future support plan of wpe for windows?
> Have you considered supporting windows in the future?

We do not have plans at the moment to support Windows. There is already a
lot of work ongoing on Linux/Android, and we do not have spare hands for
more -- if others want to contribute we are open to help, though.

That being said, in theory it should be possible WPE WebKit to work on
Windows, although it would need quite some work. The source code for WebKit
itself support for Windows (used by the WinCairo and FTW ports), which would
need to be enabled for use with the WPE port, and then we would need to write
a new WPE backend for Windows.

Cheers,
—Adrián