[wpe-webkit] Cog 0.12.0 released
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Wed Nov 24 12:23:26 PST 2021
Cog 0.12.0 is available for download at:
https://wpewebkit.org/releases/cog-0.12.0.tar.xz (109.4 KiB)
This is the first stable release in the 0.12 series.
## Highlights of the 0.12.0 release
- cog: New `--enable-sandbox` command line option, which allows isolating
rendering processes from the rest of the system.
- cog: New `--content-filter=` command line option, which allows loading
a content blocker (`WebKitUserContentFilter`) JSON rule set.
- core, cog: Added support for running in WebDriver automation mode.
- core: Changed platform plug-ins to be able to automatically detect which
one should be used. Passing the `--platform=` command line option to the
launcher is now optional.
- core: Added support for building against `libsoup3`.
- core: Added `CogHostRoutesHandler`, which can route URI scheme requests
with different host parts to other handlers.
- core: Removed `cog_platform_teardown()`, deinitilization of platform
plug-in implementations is now done automatically as part of object
- wl: Renamed `fdo` platform module to `wl` (Wayland) as it better reflects
its usage; the old name still works e.g. when using `cog --platform=fdo`
but it is considered deprecated and will cause a warning.
- wl, gtk4: Added support for fullscreening web views.
- drm: Improved input event handling.
## What is Cog?
Cog is a suite of utilities for the WPE WebKit port, including a reusable
library (libcogcore), a launcher (named "cog" as well) suitable to be
used as a Web application container and a reusable library, and a tool
to control the launcher remotely (cogctl) using D-Bus.
## More Information
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with use
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org or the upstream
site at https://webkit.org - people interested in contributing
should read https://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html
- Browse the bug list at https://github.com/Igalia/cog/issues
A bug report with a minimal, reproducible test cases is often just
as valuable as a patch.
- Join the chat at #wpe channel at irc.oftc.net, or the #wpe:matrix.org room
- Subscribe to the webkit-wpe at lists.webkit.org mailing list,
or the WebKit general development mailing list
Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible.
The WPE WebKit Team,
November 24th, 2021
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe