[wpe-webkit] WPE WebKit 2.32.1 released

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Mon May 17 04:00:56 PDT 2021

Hello Olivier,

On Mon, 17 May 2021 10:19:47 +0200 Olivier Blin <olivier.blin at softathome.com> wrote:

> The library revision has been downgraded, is this intended?
>
>  From Source/cmake/OptionsWPE.cmake :
>
>   if (WPE_API_VERSION VERSION_EQUAL "1.0")
> - CALCULATE_LIBRARY_VERSIONS_FROM_LIBTOOL_TRIPLE(WEBKIT 18 1 14)
> + CALCULATE_LIBRARY_VERSIONS_FROM_LIBTOOL_TRIPLE(WEBKIT 18 0 15)
>   else ()

Yes, this is intended. There was a mistake in the way the libtool version
was changed in 2.32.0 which caused the soname of the library to change from
“libWPEWebKit-1.0.so.3” to “libWPEWebKit-1.0.so.4”, which was unintended:
the soname should not have been changed, and I know at least of two Linux
distributions which patched this issue in their downstream packaging.

Bumping only the “age” number from 14 to 15 in the 2.32.1 release makes
the soname calculation be “libWPEWebKit-1.0.so.3” again.

Sorry about the confusion and possible inconveniences that my mistake when
packaging 2.32.0 might have caused.

Cheers,
-Adrian