[wpe-webkit] Cog 0.9.1 released
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Tue Mar 16 03:32:23 PDT 2021
Cog 0.9.1 is available for download at:
https://wpewebkit.org/releases/cog-0.9.1.tar.xz (85.6 KiB)
This is the first development release leading towards the 0.10 series.
## What's new in Cog 0.9.1?
- core: Added CogPrefixRoutesHandler, which can route URI scheme requests
with different path prefixes to other handlers.
- core: Added new CogShell.device-scale-factor property.
- core: Added support in CogDirectoryFilesHandler to use the URI host part
as a path component, to ignore a certain amount of path components, and
expose the base path as a property.
- core: Removed support for building using WebKitGTK, only the WPE port is
- drm: The DRM/KMS platform module is now built by default.
- drm: Added support for key press event repeat.
- drm: Added support for mouse cursor.
- drm: Added support for atomic modesetting, which is automatically used
by default when support is detected in the video driver.
- drm: Added support for limiting the maximum used video mode width and
height, settable using the COG_PLATFORM_DRM_MODE_MAX environment variable.
- drm: Fixed usage of the specified output device scaling factor.
- drm: Improve logging output.
- drm, fdo: Added support for SHM buffer exports, which for example allows
using Mesa's software rasterization.
- fdo: Try using the largest available output video mode when using the
- headless: Added new "headless" platform module, which does not produce
output and can be used without any graphics hardware e.g. in combination
with Mesa's software rasterization.
- x11: Added new "x11" platform module, which uses an X11 window to paint
rendered web content using XCB and OpenGL.
## What is Cog?
Cog is a suite of utilities for the WPE WebKit port, including a reusable
library (libcogcore), a launcher (named "cog" as well) suitable to be
used as a Web application container and a reusable library, and a tool
to control the launcher remotely (cogctl) using D-Bus.
## More Information
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with use
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read https://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html
- Browse the bug list at https://github.com/Igalia/cog/issues
A bug report with a minimal, reproducible test cases is often just
as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the webkit-wpe at lists.webkit.org mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit general development mailing list
Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible.
The WPE WebKit Team,
March 16th, 2021
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe