[wpe-webkit] WPEBackend-fdo 1.8.0 released
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Fri Sep 11 06:48:39 PDT 2020
WPEBackend-fdo 1.8.0 is available for download at:
https://wpewebkit.org/releases/wpebackend-fdo-1.8.0.tar.xz (41.5 KiB)
This is the first stable release in the 1.8 series.
## Highlights of the WPEBackend-fdo 1.8.0 release
- Added new API for the audio rendering protocol, which allows embedders to receive audio samples instead of letting WPE WebKit handle their playback.
- Added support to export frames using [EGLStream](https://www.khronos.org/registry/EGL/extensions/KHR/EGL_KHR_stream.txt)s, which can be used e.g. with Nvidia GPUs.
- New build configuration system based on [Meson](https://mesonbuild.com). The existing CMake-based system is still maintained, and both produce the same outputs.
- Expose symbols for the version retrieval functions.
## What is WPEBackend-fdo?
WPEBackend-fdo is a backend implementation for WPE WebKit which targets
FreeDesktop.org (FDO) technologies, and uses Wayland for graphics output.
## More Information
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with use
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read https://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html
- Browse the bug list at https://github.com/Igalia/WPEBackend-fdo/issues
A bug report with a minimal, reproducible test cases is often just
as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the webkit-wpe at lists.webkit.org mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit general development mailing list
Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible.
The WPE WebKit Team,
September 11th, 2020
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe