[wpe-webkit] Cog 0.4.0 released
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Fri Sep 20 13:57:27 PDT 2019
Cog 0.4.0 is available for download at:
https://wpewebkit.org/releases/cog-0.4.0.tar.xz (80.7 KiB)
This is the first stable release in the 0.4 series.
## Highlights of the Cog 0.4.0 release
- Support for output device scaling (HiDPI).
- Adopted the same release schedule and versioning scheme as the rest of
the WPE WebKit components.
- New "experimental-drm" platform plug-in which uses KMS+DRM (Kernel Mode
Setting, Direct Rendering Manager) for direct display on framebuffers,
and libinput for input event processing.
## What is Cog?
Cog is a suite of utilities for the WPE WebKit port, including a reusable
library (libcogcore), a launcher (named "cog" as well) suitable to be
used as a Web application container and a reusable library, and a tool
to control the launcher remotely (cogctl) using D-Bus.
## More Information
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with use
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read https://webkit.org/coding/contributing.html
- Browse the bug list at https://github.com/Igalia/cog/issues
A bug report with a minimal, reproducible test cases is often just
as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the webkit-wpe at lists.webkit.org mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit general development mailing list
Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible.
The WPE WebKit Team,
September 20th, 2019
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe