[wpe-webkit] WPE WebKit 2.27.2 released

Pablo Saavedra psaavedra at igalia.com
Wed Nov 6 03:41:53 PST 2019

On Tue, 2019-11-05 at 13:54 +0200, Adrian Perez de Castro wrote:
> Hello Andy,
>
> On Tue, 05 Nov 2019 09:35:20 +0000, "Andy Pont" <
> andy.pont at sdcsystems.com> wrote:
>
> > Adrian wrote...
> >
> > > WPE WebKit 2.27.2 is available for download at:
> >
> > Do you know when meta-webkit will be updated to include a recipe
> > for
> > this?
>
> I have added my colleague Pablo in CC because he has been the one
> maintaining
> the meta-webkit recipes. My *guess* is that probably yes there will
> an update
> at some point, but I will let him correct me if that's wrong.
>
> Cheers,
> —Adrián

Hello Andy,

we don't usually update the development release in the meta-webkit.
Maybe this could be useful. I mean to include it with
DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1" or something like that but I don't have plans
to do it right because I have some struggles with the CI right now.

Anyway if you are interested on that I'd be prone to accept a PR just
adding a recipe for 2.27.2 like the one for 2.26.1 [1] but adding the
DEFAULT_PREFERENCE.

Then you could set your preferred version in the local.conf by your
own: PREFERRED_VERSION_wpewebkit = "2.27.2"

[1]
https://github.com/Igalia/meta-webkit/blob/master/recipes-browser/wpewebkit/wpewebkit_2.26.1.bb