[wpe-webkit] WPE WebKit 2.24.0 released!
Adrian Perez de Castro
aperez at igalia.com
Wed Mar 27 04:44:37 PDT 2019
WPE WebKit 2.24.0 is available for download at:
This is the first stable release in the 2.24 series.
Highlights of the WPE WebKit 2.24 release
- Added support for content filtering.
- Support for variable fonts.
- Full emoji rendering support.
- Support for JPEG2000 images.
- New API to format an URI for display.
- New setting to configure the page background colour.
- Support external media players through hole-punching.
- Allow usage of `g_autoptr` with WPE WebKit types.
- Support choosing 16bpp RGB565 pixel format for rendering.
- Initial support for building the API reference documentation using GTK-Doc.
For more details about all the changes included in WPE WebKit 2.24 see the
NEWS file that is included in the tarball.
Note that the 2.24 series require usage of libwpe 1.2.0 or newer, and when
using the FDO backend, WPEBackend-fdo 1.2.0 or newer.
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release.
What is WPE WebKit?
WPE WebKit is an embeddable port of the WebKit rendering engine.
Offering WebKit's full functionality through a set of GObject-based
APIs, it is suitable for projects requiring any kind of web
integration, from hybrid HTML/CSS applications to full-fledged web
If you want to know more about the project or get in touch with us
- Visit our website at https://wpewebkit.org, or the upstream
site at https://www.webkit.org. People interested in contributing
should read: https://www.webkit.org/coding/contributing.html.
- Browse the bug list at https://bugs.webkit.org, WPE WebKit bugs are
typically prefixed by "[WPE]." A bug report with a minimal,
reproducible test case is often just as valuable as a patch.
- Join the #webkit IRC channel at irc.freenode.net.
- Subscribe to the WPE WebKit mailing list,
https://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo/webkit-wpe, or the
WebKit development mailing list,
Thanks to all the contributors who made possible this release, they
are far too many to list!
The WPE WebKit team,
March 27, 2019
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the webkit-wpe