[wpe-webkit] AArch64 builds in AUR

Andrea Giammarchi andrea.giammarchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:23:59 PDT 2019

Last update for the Raspberry Pi 3 and Arch Linux

   - the touch screen works but it needs linux-aarch64-raspberrypi-bin
   which actually gave me some other issue (but it works in general)
   - most CSS, WebGL, 2D canvas demos are fine, even without overclocking
   the pi, and either at 720p or 480p (touch screen resolution)

What still doesn't feel right ...

   - I've seen this demo running on a video, no way it works here
   http://www.emerveille.fr/lab/helloracer/index.html ... is there any
   remote way to debug the WPE console / errors?
   - this demo says that something is missing ... as if the WebGL version I
   am using is not updated enough: http://madebyevan.com/webgl-water/
   - there is no way I can run the pasta demo at the same speed shown in
   this post:
   https://medium.com/@decrocksam/building-wpe-webkit-for-raspberry-pi-3-cdbd7b5cb362

Accordingly, I wonder if I'm still missing something ... like building
Cairo with OpenGL instead of GLESv2 ... or building something else with
OpenGL or GLEv2 enabled (mesa? ... FAIK video core is already mainstream
supported though)

Any sort of hint/clarification would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S. I'm happy regardless with the result 'cause it's still the best kiosk
I could imagine for a Pi so far 👋