[wpe-webkit] Video via WebRTC. webcam + mic permissions

Diego Moore diego.moore at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:31:35 PST 2019

Hi all,

I’m rather new here and am exploring Video via WebRTC. I’ve got a WPE build on an RPI3 but have noticed that many video calling tools such as Zoom.us <http://zoom.us/>, talky.io <http://talky.io/> and meet.jit.si <http://meet.jit.si/> do not support WPE.

I’ve now come across http://appr.tc <http://appr.tc/> (see https://github.com/webrtc/apprtc <https://github.com/webrtc/apprtc>) which may work but I’ve got a funny feeling I just can’t see the browser dialog to allow access to the webcam and mic.

Is it possible to configure WPE with a whitelist of pre-authorised domains? I’m pretty sure the Chromium kiosk mode handles this well…

Many thanks in advanced.
Diego