[wpe-webkit] Web Extension Support In WPE

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at igalia.com
Tue Jun 18 10:06:51 PDT 2019

So your hang is when taking the VM lock. It must already be locked.
You'd need to debug JSC internals to understand why that mutex is
already locked at the time you try to acquire it. That doesn't sound
very fun, but it's probably your next step.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 11:39 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
<cgarcia at igalia.com> wrote:
> You are mixing both APIs, I wonder how you can use
> jscContextGetJSContext() which is private. You shouldn't mix both APIs
> in any case.

I would:

 * Immediately disable whatever local change you have made to WebKit to
allow use of internal WebKit symbols, like GRefPtr and
jscContextGetJSContext. This can only lead to disaster. It's difficult
to prevent WebKit from exporting these symbols for technical reasons,
but none of these symbols are defined in public headers so your
application should not be using them. Are you declaring them manually,
or have you changed WebKit to install internal headers?

 * Understand the difference between the the modern GObject JSC API,
documented at [1], and the old cross-platform API. JSCContext obsoletes
JSGlobalContextRef, and you should never have any reason to use the
later if you are using the former. You want to use only one or the
other, ideally the newer one.

[1] https://webkitgtk.org/reference/jsc-glib/stable/index.html