[wpe-webkit] Backend objects for multiple WebViews

Ryan Walklin ryan at testtoast.com
Tue Jun 4 17:39:20 PDT 2019

Also, are there any tips/tricks for managing frame lifecycles when you don't necessarily want to render frames from multiple views? e.g you have a number of tabs but only one is visible at a time.

Ideally I'd suspend rendering from the non-visible tabs entirely by not calling wpe_view_backend_exportable_fdo_dispatch_frame_complete(), but I don't know whether this would suspend JS execution etc.

Finally, is there any way to use an off-screen EGL context to render the images, rather than tieing the context to an EGLDisplay? Obviously if you're running a full-screen kiosk app it's not an issue, but I'm planning to render to wl_subsurfaces and then use the compositor to build my UI.

Regards,

Ryan