[wpe-webkit] Spatial Navigation Issue in TextBox

Adrian Perez de Castro aperez at igalia.com
Tue Jan 15 15:05:48 PST 2019

Hi again,

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 00:02:43 +0100, Adrian Perez de Castro <aperez at igalia.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 17:39:07 +0530, Munez Bn <munezbn.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using a plain HTML app with few text-boxes, buttons and labels.
> > When I enter into text box I am not able to come out of text box (Or jump
> > to next element ) using arrow keys.  But I can jump to next element using
> > Tab.
> >
> > This was not the case in *WebKitGTK*. In *WebKitGtk,* if spatial navigation
> > is enabled and if we are in a textbox and if we use arrow keys then I was
> > able to jump to next element once the cursor reaches  the boundary of text
> > box..
> >
> > Is it a Bug in WPE or it is expected in WPE port.
>
> If the WebKitSettings::enable-spatial-navigation setting is set to TRUE,
> and the navigation between text boxes still does not work with the arrow
> keys, then it looks like a bug to me.

As a matter of fact, I have just noticed that the corresponding layout tests
are skipped and marked as buggy “LayoutTests/platform/wpe/TestExpectations”
(in the WebKit source tree), so this confirms my suspicion that spatial
navigation is know to be buggy at the moment for WPE WebKit.

Regards,

-Adrián