[wpe-webkit] No data in Web Inspector on WPE 2.25.4 / Epiphany

Ryan Walklin ryan at testtoast.com
Thu Aug 29 03:03:21 PDT 2019

Hi All,

I'm building an app using WPE to render the UI, and have been using the remote web inspector to debug in Epiphany/Gnome Web.

I've recently upgraded to Fedora 31 for other reasons, and have noticed that since the upgrade (Kernel 5.3 rc6, Epiphany 3.33.91,  WebKitGTK 2.25.4, WPE WebKit 2.25.2) no data is displayed in the web inspector in Epiphany. Browsing to inspector://localhost:1234 lists my app and gives me the option to debug, but once the inspector is loaded, no data is available. There are no helpful logs in my app or Epiphany. I am setting the WEBKIT_INSPECTOR_SERVER env var and calling webkit_settings_set_enable_developer_extras() as previously and have not made any recent changes to this code.

Has anyone seen this or is able to advise on debugging?

Thanks,

Ryan