[wpe-webkit] WPE on i.MX6 platform

Lars Jeppesen LJE at foss.dk
Sun May 27 13:10:43 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to get WPE running on NXP/i.MX6. I'm not sure if I have chosen the right path, so I could use some advice.

What I have tried is to use the Yocto BSP provided by NXP (Linux 4.9.11_1.0.0) and then add the yocto/meta-wpe layer (morty-branch)
In my local.conf I have added the following:

DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl wayland"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " packagegroup-wpe"
WPE_BACKEND="wayland"
WPE_PLATFORM="egl"

Could this work at all?  (I got it to build with some fiddling, but it segfaults at startup)
Is there an easier/better way to get WPE to run on i.MX6?
I can see that raspberry pi tutorial uses westeros, is this requirement or can it run on wayland/Weston as well?

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
  Lars