[wpe-webkit] Alternate display of two browser instances

Gérald Gounot gerald.gounot at citymeo.fr
Thu Dec 20 05:44:51 PST 2018

Hi!

I’m playing with WPE on Raspberry Pi for a while now and it’s awesome. WPE
developers surely did a great work on it!

Now I’m stuck with a double-browser setup and looking for advices about it.

My goal is to alternatively display two (or more) web pages so that the

I duplicated the WebKitBrowser.json file to get 2 running browser instances
and used the Suspend/Resume/Hide/Show commands to switch from one to the
other. The problem is that sometimes the commands do not work as expected.

In order to achieve a perfect control over the browsers displaying, I would
like to leverage the layer system provided by DispmanX. Unfortunately I
cannot find a way to change the layer on which a browser is displayed or
get a handle on which I could apply the
`vc_dispmanx_element_change_layer()` function.

Do you have some ideas on how I could achieve that?

Thanks!

--
Gérald Gounot