[Webkit-unassigned] [Bug 171205] [GTK] Midori doesn't load home page, web inspector crashes
bugzilla-daemon at webkit.org
bugzilla-daemon at webkit.org
Sun Apr 23 17:11:51 PDT 2017
--- Comment #2 from dirk.fizzlebeef at gmail.com ---
(In reply to Michael Catanzaro from comment #1)
> What version of WebKitGTK+?
Sorry about that. I'm using version 2.16.1 with the following features:
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[ : I - package is installed with flag ]
[ Colors : set, unset ]
* Found these USE flags for net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.16.1:
- - coverage : Enable code coverage support
- - doc : Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to enable per package instead of globally
+ + egl : Enable EGL support
- - geolocation : Enable geolocation support through app-misc/geoclue
- - gles2 : Enable GLESv2 support
- - gnome-keyring : Enable support for storing passwords via gnome-keyring
+ + gstreamer : Add support for media-libs/gstreamer (Streaming media)
- - introspection : Add support for GObject based introspection
+ + jit : Enable just-in-time compilation for improved performance. May prevent use of some PaX memory protection features in Gentoo Hardened.
- - libnotify : Enable desktop notification support
- - nsplugin : Build plugin for browsers supporting the Netscape plugin architecture (that is almost any modern browser)
+ + opengl : Add support for OpenGL (3D graphics)
- - spell : Add dictionary support
- - test : Workaround to pull in packages needed to run with FEATURES=test. Portage-2.1.2 handles this internally, so don't set it in make.conf/package.use
- - wayland : Enable dev-libs/wayland backend
+ + webgl : Build support for the WebGL HTML API using virtual/opengl
> > When I go to midori-browser.org in Midori, I can see the page for an instant
> > before it goes blank. The following messages are produced in the console:
> > (WebKitWebProcess:27301): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set:
> > assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
> This is the first problem, so let's worry about this one first. Could you
> get a backtrace to it please, using G_DEBUG=fatal-criticals?
I ran `G_DEBUG=fatal_criticals gdb midori` and hit that page, but I didn't see any additional information. I also tried setting `G_DEBUG=fatal-criticals` as well as setting it inside gdb using `set environment G_DEBUG=fatal_criticals` and `set environment G_DEBUG=fatal-criticals`. (I tried both because the glib docs say it is an underscore.) However, I only see a little additonal information:
RenderNamedFlowThread 0x7fff90b7bc00 willBeDestroyed
(WebKitWebProcess:18169): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
[New Thread 0x7fff7a12f700 (LWP 18334)]
[Thread 0x7fff7892c700 (LWP 18174) exited]
[Thread 0x7fff88be3700 (LWP 18043) exited]
> > Second, every time I attempt to open the web inspector on any page, it shows
> > an error page that begins with "Web Inspector encountered an internal error"
> Since this web inspector error is unrelated, please file a second bug for
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-unassigned