[webkit-qt] Build and Install QtWebKit

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 8 23:25:04 PST 2017

09.02.2017, 10:13, "Charles-Elie Gentil" <mail at jiyuusoft.net>:
> Hello,
>
> @Konstantin : Thank you for your help.
>
> I did two tests :
>    1°) with QtWebKit form here  : https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases/tag/qtwebkit-tp5 (qtwebkit-tp5.tar.xz)
>    2°) with QtWebKit from qt Community : http://download.qt.io/community_releases/5.8/5.8.0-final/
>
> Note :
>    - with 1°) CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX doesn’t work, and I use « —prefix » option. ninja_install works.

Indeed, --prefix is a correct option

>    - with 2°) ninja_install doesn’t work.

Right, because this is a legacy QtWebKit that uses qmake-based build system, which does not support ninja

> In the 2 cases I have, in WebKitBuild/Release several folders including libs and include. These 2 folders are similar to those included in qtwebkit-tp5-qt58-darwin-x64.tar.xz (https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases/tag/qtwebkit-tp5).
> Currently, I only use the first solution (with tp5 of WebKit)
>
> I work with Qt5.8 and qmake. I have installed QtWebKit in my Qt installation. I add webkit in my project :
> QT+= webkit
>
> Unfortunately, when I want compile my project, lQt5WebKit isn’t found.
>
> Have you an idea ?

If you use custom prefix, read
https://github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki/Using-QtWebKit-in-your-project

By default, TP5 installs into Qt prefix, in this case QT+=webkit should work out of the box

> Best regards,
>
> Charlie
>
> mail at jiyuusoft.net
> http://blog.jiyuusoft.net
>
>> Le 8 févr. 2017 à 08:41, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> a écrit :
>>
>> 08.02.2017, 08:31, "Charles-Elie Gentil" <mail at jiyuusoft.net>:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want use QtWebKit and so, I build it following these instructions : https://github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki/Building-QtWebKit-on-OS-X
>>> I add a CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to have this command :
>>>
>>> ./Tools/Scripts/build-webkit --qt --cmakeargs="-Wno-dev -CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/to/my/dir »
>>>
>>> The build correctly run but I can’t find the way to run the « install » command.
>>>
>>> I try « ninja install », but I've this message
>>>
>>> ninja: error: loading 'build.ninja': No such file or directory
>>>
>>> Can you help me ?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> cd WebKitBuild/Release && ninja install
>>
>>> Best regards,