[webkit-qt] OpenGl version for QT WebKit 5.0

gaurav.aradhya at wipro.com gaurav.aradhya at wipro.com
Wed Aug 2 12:20:15 PDT 2017

Hello there,

We are trying to port QT Webkit 5.0 ( upstream trunk subversion revision 136242) on an embedded platform. Earlier to this we had Webkit 74xxx (release in 2010) on the embedded platform with Custom implementation of OpenGl 1.x ES.

We want to continue using our existing custom OpenGl 1.x implementation for the targeted QT WebKit version 5.0. So can we continue using our custom OpenGl 1.x implementation (fixed function pipeline) for QT WebKit 5.0 Port? Ofcourse there could be few additional tweaks/functions/ extensions to be supported by the custom OpenGl to support QT WebKit. At a high level any idea what could be the challenges faced from a Graphics pipeline perspective for WebKit QT port?

Thanks for help in advance!

Warm Regards
Gaurav