[webkit-qt] Crash with pdf.js (Technology preview 5)

Thomas Rusche thomas.rusche at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 00:55:54 PDT 2017

Hello!

Recently I downloaded the preview version 5 and tried to view pdf files
with Mozilla's pdf.js. I am using Qt5.8 on Windows 8.1 64bit with MinGW.

The application crashes immediately, saying there was an error in this
Webkit lib. I cannot find more details because the MinGW debug build is not
supported right now.

But perhaps you can retry it.
Just download pdf.js from here: https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/releases
and integrate it into a Qt-resource-file under the prefix "/pdfjs".

Here is the source code:

*pdfjs.h:*

#ifndef PDFJS_H

#define PDFJS_H

#include <QWidget>

#include <QtWebKitWidgets/QWebView>

class PdfJs : public QWidget

{

    Q_OBJECT

    QWebView *webview_ = nullptr;

public:

    PdfJs(QWidget *parent = 0);

    ~PdfJs();

};

#endif // PDFJS_H

*pdfjs.cpp:*

#include "pdfjs.h"

#include <QVBoxLayout>

#include <QWebInspector>

#include <QWebSettings>

PdfJs::PdfJs(QWidget *parent)

    : QWidget(parent)

{

    this->setLayout( new QVBoxLayout );

    this->layout()->setContentsMargins(0,0,0,0);

    webview_ = new QWebView(this);

    webview_->setUrl( QUrl("qrc:/pdfjs/web/viewer.html") );

    // Try to find crash hints with the WebInspector (did not work,
app crashes too early)

    webview_->page()->settings()->setAttribute(QWebSettings::DeveloperExtrasEnabled,
true);

    QWebInspector *inspector = new QWebInspector();

    inspector->setPage(webview_->page());

    inspector->setVisible(true);

    this->layout()->addWidget( webview_ );

}