[webkit-qt] QtWebKit + libsoup experiment

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 8 02:10:50 PST 2016

Hi all,

(reposting here from webkitnix group in case anyone from INdT team is still reading this list)

I just re-read announcement of Nix from 2013 [1], and it mentions QtWebKit + libsoup experiment.
Were its details (goals, results, source code) published somewhere?

I'm also interested why libsoup was chosen over libcurl, and what particular drawbacks of QNAM you were trying to overcome.

Have you done any benchmarks comparing performance of QNAM vs libsoup vs libcurl?

Thanks!

[1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2013-May/024908.html

Konstantin