[webkit-qt] APNG support?

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Feb 9 11:44:58 PST 2016

13.08.2014, 08:48, "Max Stepin" <newstop at gmail.com>:
> So since my code lives in
> WebCore/platform/image-decoders/png/PNGImageDecoder.cpp
> i​t might actually affect QtWebKit in some cases?
>
> But if you're not a port, then I guess I'll go and bug GTK again... :)
>
> As I understand, Apple uses their own system libraries for image decoding,
> with APNG support: http://caniuse.com/apng

Hi Max,

I see that your patch was successfully reviewed and landed in trunk, so I assume it does not break "plain" PNG decoding :)

If I understand correctly your goal is to improve adoption of APNG. In this case you may want to backport your patch for QtWebKit, which has some user base on Linux. It is used in Konqueror, Reconq, Otter Browser, Qutebrowser. However, I'm not sure how this change can find its way to Linux users because AFAIK it requires libpng patch which won't be allowed by distributions.

Konstantin