[webkit-qt] QtWebkit JavaScript interpreter crash ( v.153112/ppc64le).

Atul Sowani sowania at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 28 20:41:08 PDT 2015

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your response! It is good to know someone who's worked on
PPC64.

Yes, the qtwebkit did not work/compile on ppc64le. It crashes (assertion
failure) in isPageAligned() macro. The page alignment is not correct on
ppc64le. In addition to this, the page allocation logic and the frame
stack functionality is not working as expected on this platform. The tried
to modify the page alignment logic and the execution went ahead, only to
hang in dtoa()/mult() functions in WTF. I think the page block and JS
stack functionality needs particular attention.

As you've already worked on ppc64be, your experience of porting the code
would be precious to me. Could you please share your experience and advise
on how I should proceed in this task of porting the code to ppc64le?

Thanks,
Atul.