[webkit-qt] Silverlight

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Fri Oct 3 03:00:56 PDT 2014

On Friday 03 October 2014, Emanuel Koczwara wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Silverlight doesn't work with Qt 4.8.6 and Qt 5.3.2 on linux (debian)
> and windows (7). It just doesn't work, or can I somehow force it to
> work? The same situation with videos from vimeo.

I have never tried silverlight with QtWebKit. I assume it is has a standard
NPAPI plugin, but it might need some specific quirks just like most major
plugins does.

A good place to start is Source/WebCore/plugins/win/PluginPackageWin.cpp where
quirks are set for specific NPAPI plugins. Apparently it already have a
blacklist of old versions of silverlight, and one quirk to not unload. That
indicates it has been working at some point in the past, but probably just
need updating to newer versions of the plugin.

Note that debugging these things is hard, you might want to check some
chromium code and see if they have some quirks enabled and try to enable
similar stuff in webkit.

`Allan