[webkit-qt] QtWebkit 2.3.3 crash when document.all is compared to null in javascript

Florentin BADEA florentin_badea at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 22:51:38 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am using qtwebkit 2.3.3 built from git against qt 4.8.5 (Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2008). I get a crash with the release version (works in debug) using the previewer example from Qt and loading a simple webpage like this:

<head>
        var isDocAllNull = document.all == null;
    </script>
</head>
    Test page with document.all compared to null.

The problem does not appear in the older Qt 4.8.5.
I am able to reproduce this error in Qt 5.1.1 (also using the Previewer example).
The problem is fixed in Qt 5.2.1.

I would need a patch for qtwebkit 2.3.3 if anyone can help. Some suggestions on how to debug this (considering that the error does not occur in debug mode) would also be very helpful.

Thanks,
Florentin