[webkit-qt] sqlite database as local storage

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 26 01:07:14 PST 2014

26.02.2014, 00:38, "Richard Gerd Kuesters" <richard at humantech.com.br>:
> hello all! :)
>
> i was reading some of webkit resources, and one of them is to provide local database storage, including sqlite3.
>
> ok, i'm developing a custom application with webkit, and i would like to expose my apps database to it, so i can access it directly using javascript (instead of writing miles of cpp code).
>
> is it possible?

Yes. WebKit exposes sqlite through APIs of Web Storage [1] (aka Local Storage aka DOM Storage) and Indexed DB [2].

If this is not what you want and you need to execute SQL queries in your applications, you can try Web SQL Database [3], however this specification is obsolete.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/webstorage/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/IndexedDB/

Regards,
Konstantin