[webkit-qt] about html5 and http protocol

T andolsi thouraya.andolsi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 01:25:34 PST 2014

Hi,

Could any one answer me?

I have another question:

I'm using QT-5.1.1.

Running a video with a large size,

- Using http protocol, I'm getting  the following failures:

sometimes

"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc"

and sometimes

"GStreamer-ERROR **: gstbuffer.c:542: failed to allocate XXXXXXXXXXX bytes"

After debugging I saw that it is streaming, but sometimes it tries to
allocate an amount of memory greater than what we have, which will cause
the error.

Is the memory allocated before freed ?
What could be the cause of the issue?

- Using the file protocol, it is failing  with "terminate called after
throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc"

It is failing when the size of the video to play is larger than the amout
of memory we have.
because it is trying to allocate all the size.

Is it a known issue?

Regards,
Thouraya.