[webkit-qt] APNG support?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Aug 12 13:59:38 PDT 2014

On Tuesday 12 August 2014, Max Stepin wrote:
> Just wondering... how QtWebKit decodes images?
> I thought it uses WebKit code for that.

With Qt4 QtWebKit always used Qt's own image decoders, but with Qt5 QtWebKit
uses WebKit's decoders if WebKit can find the libraries to build them, but can
still fall back to using Qt's, and will for formats WebKit doesn't support
such as TIFF.

The WebKit image-decoders were preferred in Qt5 because they support
incremental decoding which hasn't been implemented in Qt's.

`Allan