[webkit-qt] Preventing net access for specific WebView

Thomas McGuire thomas.mcguire at kdab.com
Thu Mar 14 09:55:10 PDT 2013

Hi Jan,

On Thursday 14 March 2013 15:58:40 Jan Kundrát wrote:
> I've asked about a similar topic in last November [1]. In Qt4, it was
> relatively easy to add support for a custom QNAM to a WebView (one had to
> reimplement one C++ class, which was doable, if inelegant), but I was told
> that this won't really work in Qt5. I don't know what the current status
> is, but I'm interesting in an answer here.

Ah yes, QDeclarativeWebView uses WebKit1, much easier to change the QNAM
there. Fun fact: In KMail we also use QWebPage::setQNAM(), probably for the
exact same usecase as you have in Trojitá :)

With WebKit2, there is no such easy way, and instead of one QNAM per page,
there is only one global QNAM, which even lives in another process. No free
lunch.

Regards,
Thomas
--
Thomas McGuire | thomas.mcguire at kdab.com | Software Engineer
Tel. Germany +49-30-521325470, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090