[webkit-qt] Shipping QtWebKit private headers

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 7 03:43:30 PST 2013

Hi! :-)
  I'm developing the QtQuick2 bindings for WebKit1 (see the mail I sent
just few minutes ago). Indeed, the code and the APIs are not mature (or
even ready) so I don't think it can be merged into QtWebKit anytime soon.

However, as the QtQuick2 WebKit1 bindinds approach a state which looks
usable to me, I'd actually like to be able to use them from other projects.

So, I'm wondering if it would make sense to move them into a separate
repository, which could then being built separately from QtWebKit.
So far, I didn't have to modify any code in WebKit, so my plugin should
actually work along with an unmodified version of QtWebKit.

But in order to build it, I needed to make use of some of the private
headers (such as QWebPageAdaptor).
Given that the corresponding symbols are defined (at least in Ubuntu's
libQt5WebKit.so), do you think it makes sense to distribute private
headers as well?

Ciao,
  Alberto

--