[webkit-qt] SSL root certificate update in QML2

Luca Ottaviano lottaviano at develer.com
Mon Jul 22 01:52:05 PDT 2013

Hi,
I'm porting an embedded application which includes a browser from QML1
to QML2.
In QML1, there was some code in C++ which was responsible to download an
updated list of root certificates and other stuff (eg. unsupported
content); this was done by using a custom QNAM.

In QML2, using the new WebView provided by QtWebKit 3.0, it seems to me
that webkit2 ignores any custom QNAM set into the application.

Is there a way to update the list of SSL root certificates? The system
doesn't do that for me.
If webkit2 looks for a specific file in the file system, it's ok to
write some code to update that file.

Any suggestions?
Luca Ottaviano - lottaviano at develer.com
Develer S.r.l. - http://www.develer.com/