[webkit-qt] QtWebKit 2.3.2 and QtWebKit for Qt 5.1

Richard Gerd Kuesters richard at humantech.com.br
Mon Jul 15 05:38:52 PDT 2013

Congratulations to the WebKit-Qt team!

I've been using Qt 5.1 since early beta versions, as I was informed (in
this same list) about limitations on running JavaScript on 64 bit
Windows boxes.

I'm very pleased by this release! I can now use Qt all over my
applications and axe all MFC and Internet Explorer compatible (so far
the only 64 JIT in Windows) code! This is simply awesome! :)

I can also say here that I successfully compiled Qt 5.1 (and WebKit)
using VS2008, running it even on Windows XP. It also looks too good to
be true ;)

And, one last thing: no more VMs with Windows to develop :)

Again, thank you all for your efforts.

Best regards,
Richard.