[webkit-qt] toUpperCase() bug in Qt5.1 RC

Rethmeier, Eike eike.rethmeier at wincor-nixdorf.com
Tue Jul 2 00:33:26 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I found an JavaScript bug in the toUpperCase() function in Qt5.1 Release Candidate. That bug was not in Qt5.1 Beta.

That's how it should behave (call and result), tested with Qt5.1 Beta and former versions (and Chrome and Firefox)
"Hello123 World!".toUpperCase()
"HELLO123 WORLD!"

That's how it behaves with Qt5.1 Release Candidate in Win7 (VS2012 build):
"Hello123 World!".toUpperCase()
"HELLOWORLD"

Funny thing is, I do not visually see these strange characters  betwenn HELLO and WORLD in the inspector, I only see them when I copy the string from the inspector and paste them into this Email. In the inspector it looks like 4 spaces between HELLO and WORLD. In WinXP it looks like this in the inspector:

Qt5.1 Release Candidate in WinXP (VS2012 build):
"Hello123 World!".toUpperCase()
"HELLOWORLD    "

The real problem is, that toUpperCase() is also used by a bunch of libraries like jQuery, knockout etc. So this is a severe problem. Where can I post this bug to make sure that it is fixed in the Final Release?

Thanks,
Eike

Eike Rethmeier
Software Developer
Banking Division Software Development
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE7707.33ECB3B0]<http://www.wincor-nixdorf.com/>
Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH
Heinz-Nixdorf-Ring 1
33106 Paderborn, Deutschland

Telefon: +49 (0) 5251 / 6 93-37 13
Telefax: +49 (0) 5251 / 6 93-36 09
Eike.Rethmeier at wincor-nixdorf.com
www.wincor-nixdorf.com<http://www.wincor-nixdorf.com/>

WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn
Registergericht Paderborn HRB 3507
Geschäftsführer: Eckard Heidloff (Vorsitzender), Dr. Jürgen Wunram (stellv. Vors.), Jens Bohlen, Olaf Heyden
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Alexander Dibelius
Steuernummer: 339/5884/0020 - Ust-ID Nr.: DE812927716 - WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE44477193

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.