[webkit-qt] Error building WebKit 2.3

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sat Jan 5 04:57:53 PST 2013

On Saturday 05 January 2013, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 01:33:10 PM Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> > Just build the tree again (not clean!). It is sort of fixed in the
> > staging branch, but the problem seems to be that qmake in Qt5 can
> > respond positive to  an exist() test on files it will generate, while
> > qmake in Qt 4.8 will only return true when it is already created.
>
> Thanks Allan, that seems to be doing the trick :) I shall endeavour to
> remember for future reference but I have a mind like a sieve.

No problem. Btw. if anyone wants to help out, try building QtWebKit 2.3 on
different platforms and solve any build issues. The build system is the main
difference to WebKit in Qt 5, and the source of most issues in QtWebKit 2.3.

I hope to make a beta release soon that follows the branch in Qt 5, the only
reason it is not a release like Qt 5 is due to potential build issues.

Also I would recommend using and testing the qtwebkit-23-staging branch now,
as it is more up to date. The only reason it hasn't been merged yet to the
qtwebkit-23 branch is because it fails to build on the buildbot (but not on
any machines I have direct access to).

`Allan