[webkit-qt] qt47-webkit issues playing video

Jim Norton jimnorton at jimnorton.org
Fri Feb 1 11:08:37 PST 2013

Hello,

I am having an issue with qt47-webkit on CentOS 5.8. I have a simple
application that displays a webpage. It seems to work well and I can
go to various sites that test HTML5 compatibility. qt47-webkit appears
to support HTML5 video. However, whenever I go and try to view a
video, no matter the format ( MP4, WebM, Theora ) qt webkit doesn't
play the video.

Any ideas what the problem might be? I've got codecs installed on the
CentOS 5 box etc so I'm not sure why video isn't working. I get no
run-time warning messages, phonon isn't complaining. The videos just
display a black box.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jim