[webkit-qt] [Qt] Strong performance degradation with DirectFB since r122720

Brianceau, Julien JBrianceau at nds.com
Thu Sep 13 10:31:57 PDT 2012

Hello all,

I wonder why this changeset has been made : http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/122720

QPixmap and QImage are not the same with QPA platforms plugins (e.g. DirectFB).

To give you an idea of the performance issue, I performed the following test on my ST armv7 board :

-          using a Qt 4.8 using QPA with DirectFB platform

-          using WebKit r122719 and r122720

-          using this URL : http://www.craftymind.com/factory/guimark3/bitmap/GM3_JS_Bitmap.html in a QWebView sized to 1280x720 (with webkit 1 build)

With r122719, I get 50,7 displayed fps with a CPU usage of about 25%
With r122720, I fall to 25,3 displayed fps with a CPU usage of more than 90%

Is it possible to revert this commit, or at last provide a compilation option to keep QPixmap as native images ?

Please ask if you need further information,

Julien

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com