[webkit-qt] Minutes from the Status Meeting in #qtwebkit on Freenode IRC network

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Tue Sep 4 23:03:09 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, September 04, 2012 11:28:54 AM ext Qt WebKit StatusBot wrote:
[...]
>   * azbest_hu status: investigating bad build destination paths
> (QtTestBrowser, drt, jsc) on windows, running some js performance test on
> windows

Good timing :)

Tor Arne and I were wondering about the same thing yesterday. I think that
there are two issues:

   (1) We do not set DLLDESTDIR correctly. On Windows DLLs belong into a
%PATH% accessible directory (usually bin) and the .lib files belong into a
directory reachable for the linker (usually lib). We only create two sets of
DLLs: The main WebKit DLL and plugins like the QML plugin. The former seems to
end up in more or less the correct path, but the latter does not. That's where
we may be able to catch them with a line along the lines of
"plugin: DLLDESTDIR = $$DESTDIR" in win32/default_post.prf (as suggested by
Tor Arne).

   (2) Sometimes binaries end up in the wrong path. I think the
ROOT_WEBKIT_DIR/etc. calculation in default_pre.prf doesn't work well with the
Windows paths. There might just be a $$toSystemPath() missing somewhere :)

Simon