[webkit-qt] QtWebKit QWebForm API extension

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Fri Oct 26 21:25:00 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <
lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:54:23 AM Dawit A wrote:
> > I guess I was expecting an API that would have allowed me to simply
> provide
> > a list of completion items leaving the means by which those items are
> shown
> > to the user up to QtWebKit. However, I see why that would not be a wise
> > choice. I guess a client application can listen to the
> > QWebPage::contentsChanged signal and create a popup menu with the
> > completion items by relying on these newly added classes.
>
> I think I was lacking a full understanding of what you were using it for
> Dawit. Are you currently creating the autofill alternative choice drop
> downs
> in input fields?

Not really. The API is perfect fine for solving the current issues we have
with filling out forms on web pages. What I was implying was, I wanted the
API to go even further and offer the ability to provide a list of potential
completion items in a popup menu when the user fills out non-login related
forms. That was what I was suggesting above. However, I realized that doing
such things is probably outside the scope of the browser engine especially
since it is something that could be accomplished on the client side.

Regards,
Dawit A.