[webkit-qt] QtWebKit 2.3 - problem with WebComboBoxes and Platform Plugin

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 06:34:08 PDT 2012

I've implemented the QWebSpellChecker plugin for Rekonq to add inlinespell
checking. This works well when running against QtWebKit 2.3

*except* :) WebComboboxes refuse to drop down when clicked on. Using the
keyboard I can scroll through its values, but no dropdown.

If I disable the extension the dropdown works fine.

One odd behaviour I've noticed on the console is this:

 Object::connect: No such signal KWebSpellChecker::didHide()
 Object::connect: No such signal KWebSpellChecker::selectItem(int, bool, bool)

This is output when I click on the combobox, something appears to be trying to
connect the above signals to my extension - I don't know why. Thos signals are
defined in QWebSelectMethod, a plugin interface unrelated to mine.

I'm at a loss as to where to start on this. Could it be a bug in webkit
itself?

--
Lindsay Mathieson