[webkit-qt] updating Qt5 in the future

Osztrogonac Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Tue Nov 6 01:58:41 PST 2012

Hi,

I noticed that Qt3D, QtLocation and QtSensors aren't qt5.git submodules anymore:
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt5/commit/41c3f2cb5f633f0e540482ca01b2c2caa2475e57

Now building WebKit depends on Qt3D, QtLocation and QtSensors too. Unfortunately
the latest Qt3D submodule isn't buildable with qt5.git trunk. And we can't build
QtLocation without Qt3D. Without CI check it will be harder and harder to find
buildable Qt3D, QtLocation, QtSensors hashes.

Should we drop building these submodules? If yes, we should skip geolocation and
deviceorientation related tests, because they won't work anymore. (Fortunately
build-webkit disable these features automatically if necessary modules are missing.)

Any suggestions?

br,
Ossy