[webkit-qt] scrollInToView(true) have different behavior on WebKit and Firefox

Hugo Parente Lima hugo.lima at openbossa.org
Wed May 23 12:43:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

While taking a look into bug 83419 (about fast/transforms/scrollIntoView-
transformed.html) I faced with the following render issue:

When using Element::scrollInToView(true) on blocking elements that have bigger
child elements with margins webkit and Firefox show different results.

I attached the html file [1] and the render results on Firefox[2] and WebKit[3]
into the bug, so what's the correct result?

IMO the Firefox behavior seems right, but before trying to fix anything better
to know if a consensus on what is right exists.

The scrollInToView spec[4] says:

"If the align to top flag is set align the top of the border box of the element
to be scrolled into view with the top of the scrolling box."

[1] https://bug-83419-attachments.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=143619
[2] https://bug-83419-attachments.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=143620
[3] https://bug-83419-attachments.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=143621
[4] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/