[webkit-qt] Adding a "view source" API for WebView [feedback needed!]

Jesus Sanchez-Palencia jesus at webkit.org
Thu May 10 05:43:23 PDT 2012

Hi there!

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Jocelyn Turcotte <
jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com> wrote:

> I don't think we need to sanitize view-source URLs, they will be generated
> from the current URL most of the time and if the user really want to enter
> it manually then he just has to do it properly. Independently if we do it
> in the web or UI process.

So you don't think we should support "view-source:www.foo.com", right?
(Note the absence of a second - http - scheme). Not sanitizing them will
make us only support well-formed URLs (view-source:http://www.foo.com).

> > On the way, back, on the UI Process, we would end up with a url property
> > that wouldn't contain the view-source scheme, so some logic would be
> needed
> > there as well in order to re-add it.
>
> Depending on how much edge-case this would force us to handle, it would be
> worth trying changing the scheme in WebFrame::url if inViewSourceMode() is
> true, before it goes to the UI process.
>
> But I'm pretty sure that there are URLs poping out of pretty much all
> sides of WebCore in loader clients, etc. that would need to be converted as
> well, so I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work out of the box.

Unless, of course, we protect everything with #if PLATFORM(QT), I'm in
general too cautious about touching such a sensitive code as WebFrame::url.
Not protecting it might not even be an option since it would then make all
ports support this out of the box.

Thanks for the feedback!
jesus