[webkit-qt] kde-qt-webkit

Alexis Menard alexis.menard at openbossa.org
Wed May 2 11:16:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Dawit A <adawit at kde.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde at carewolf.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday 26 April 2012, Andrea Diamantini wrote:
>> > I did not understand the problem with qt cookiejar. Can you please
>> > elaborate a bit?
>> >

>> KDE integrates the KIO and KDE cookie-jar into QtWebKit by setting a
>> custom
>> QNetworkAccessManager and QNetworkCookieJar.
>>
>> The problem is that WebKit trunk now also overloads the default
>> QNetworkCookieJar with one using SQLLite. This overload means the KDE
>> overloaded version is no longer used.

You're mixing up here.

QtWebKit with WK2 does it. WK1 stays untouched.

With WK2 the jar sits on the WebProcess so we need to find a way for
the API user to set it's custom cookie jar in the WebProcess. I see
two approaches : plugin or we let the application creating the
WebProcess itself so it can set the cookie jar (we would then just
expose a tiny class to create the WebProcess).

> Hmm... Does this mean that everytime I set a new networkaccessmanager,
> QtWebKit trunk sets a new cookiejar on it ? Otherwise, I fail to see how it
> can possibly override what we set in KWebPage.

That would still work.

>> See Source/WebCore/platform/qt/CookieJarQt.cpp and
>> Source/WebCore/platform/qt/CookieJarKDE.cpp in my tree.
>>
>> Code like this is the reason I moved KdeWebKit into the tree. My plan is
>> not build a QtWebKit library, but if possible make KdeWebKit link
>> statically
>> against this QtWebKit for KDE build.

Alexis Menard (darktears)
Software Engineer