[webkit-qt] QML WebView crash on Harmattan when user goes to task switcher.

Felipe Crochik felipe at crochik.com
Sat Mar 31 21:16:19 PDT 2012

I have reported similar problem before but have never figured out a
solution for it. Hopefully I will have better luck this time - I have two
applications waiting for a workaround so I can release them to the
Harmattan platform.

The application will crash with segfault if the javascript tries to update
the screen when (or after) the user switches to the task switcher on
harmattan. This is the output:
Meego graphics system destroyed

QPaintDevice: Cannot destroy paint device that is being painted

Segmentation fault

Finished running remote process. Exit code was 139.

I have now a very simple example that reproduce the issue 100% of the time.
I can't report this to the harmattan bug web site anymore so I am posting
to any and all channels were I can find someone with expertise to help me.

In order to avoid a long e-mail with attached files I created a simple web
page with more information: http://crochik.com/webview/

Thanks in advance,
Felipe