[webkit-qt] Checking the HTTP status code of more than one instance of QWebPage

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at nokia.com
Fri Mar 30 08:05:09 PDT 2012

Hello list member,

you could have a look at subclassing QWebPage and overriding QWebPage::extension and QWebPage::supportsExtension ( http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qwebpage.html#extension ).

Check for QWebPage::ErrorPageExtension and ErrorPageExtensionOption::domain == QWebPage::Http and then you can feed an appropriate output to ErrorPageExtensionReturn::content from a local file or resource.
This method is intended for providing a custom error page to display, but you could also try to handle the error for your app in there.

Worst case you can use different QNetworkAccessManagers, but you might get performance issues. Each of them might spawn threads of their own and I think that there is no global limit for parallel connections, only per-instance, so you might get scaling issues when using more than 5-10 of them under heavy load.

br,
Jocelyn