[webkit-qt] QML2 WebView behaviour

Tor Arne Vestbø tor.arne.vestbo at nokia.com
Wed Mar 28 08:06:28 PDT 2012

On 28.03.12 16:31, Alexis Menard wrote:

>> After inheriting the view from flickable, scrollbar indicators can be
>> implemented in QML (on desktop, with only public API).
>
> But you expect every user to implement again the scrollbar. It should
> come out of the box.

No, that's the change in mentality, or change of focus, that Simon is
trying to point out. The WebView as delivered by QtWebKit is a basis for
building plaform-specific WebViews out of, not a out-of-the-box experience.

Think QtComponents for Harmattan, which have their own TextField, with
the right style and behavior, but used a TextInput internally.
QtComponents for Harmattan would then deliver their own WebView which
adds scroll-indicators, dialogs, etc, to make it fit with the platform.

The same goes for desktop, where the desktop components would be the one
to customize the WebView for desktop consumers.

tor arne