[webkit-qt] Qt 5 alpha release

henry.haverinen at nokia.com henry.haverinen at nokia.com
Fri Mar 16 05:34:10 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I think there was an understanding in the early times of Qt 5 that the Qt
WebKit module and its new WebKit2 based QML API could be essential, while
the stuff coming from Qt 4 (QWidget based classes and Qt Quick 1 based QML
WebView) would be an add-on module.

Does that make any sense currently? Is it possible to split Qt WebKit into
two parts like that? If it is, then that could make sense even though both
parts would be add-on modules. Note that we have other "module
repositories" that contain several modules with dependencies (qtbase,
qtpim, qtsystems), so maybe shared codebase and dependencies isn't
necessarily a problem.

If there are two parts, then they sholuld have separate names. For example
Qt WebKit and Qt WebKit Widgets?

Cheers,
Henry