[webkit-qt] QtWebkit 2.2.1 - Script Debugger Locks Inspector UI

Jarred Nicholls jarred at webkit.org
Wed Jan 11 14:27:32 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2012, at 1:05 PM, Jarred Nicholls wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> On
>>
>> https://github.com/ariya/phantomjs/blob/master/deploy/qt48_fix_inspector.patch
>>
>> cheers,
>> leo
>>
>> --
>> leo at kdab.com                                 KDAB (USA), LLC
>> lfranchi at kde.org                             The KDE Project
>>
>>  --
>> leo at kdab.com                                 KDAB (USA), LLC
>> lfranchi at kde.org                             The KDE Project
>>

> Hi Leo,
>
> I tried the patch on vanilla Qt 4.8 and unfortunately it did not resolve
> the issue for me :(  I will keep digging.  Thanks!
>

> How are you testing it? I'll take a quick look, now I am curious too :)

I have a test html file that calls:

setInterval(function() {
    var i = 1 + 1;
}, 5000);

I open the inspector (right-click on the QWebView widget, choose
Inspect...all local, no remote) and set the break point on the var i = 1 +
1; line.  When the code breaks, the inspector UI ceases to respond (it
still registers interactions, so the UI thread isn't blocked...it's just
not communicating to the server I take it) and the process churns away at
100% CPU.