[webkit-qt] QtWebkit + Java

Stefan Bogner sbogner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 14:11:34 PST 2012

Hi,

from what I understand from the documentation Java applets aren't supported at
all yet in QtWebkit. Anyway I set

QWebSettings::globalSettings()->setAttribute(QWebSettings::JavaEnabled,false);

in my app - just to make sure. Though wenn starting my app I see

ERROR: Invalid browser function table. Some functionality may be restricted.
java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.4) (suse-1.2-x86_64)

in the debug messages, which to me looks like it does load the Java plugin for
some reason. Is there a way to completely disable this or can I just ignore
that message?

Also, I have a strange memory issue. In /proc/$PID/status I can see:

  VmSize:  2163004 kB

So it allocated > 2GB virtual memory, even though it is really using only
about 50 MB RAM. Could anyone shed some light on why this might be happening
(and possibly a way to prevent something like this from happening)?

Thanks in advance

Cheers-
Stefan