[webkit-qt] Confused re release process

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Wed Feb 8 04:04:03 PST 2012

On Wednesday, February 08, 2012 08:50:04 AM ext Alexis Menard wrote:
> 2012/2/8 Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>:

> >> Well unless someone would like to jump and doing it, I don't see how
> >> it would happen. QtWebKit team is very limited resources wise so...
> >>
> >> I know what it is to make a QWebKit release as INdT did 2.2, it takes
> >> a while, time and people. We don't have that luxury yet as we have to
> >> make Qt5 WebKit to work.
> >
> > AFAIK trunk still works with Qt 4.8. Are you planning to drop it before
> > making new release with Qt 5 support?
>
> It works but not much is done on it (read QA testing...). We don't
> have any plan to drop Qt 4.8 support in trunk anytime soon but yes
> maybe at some point later we'll do it.

I agree with Alexis here.

I've had a chat with some Digia folks a few weeks ago and they have a
naturally a continued interested in the Qt 4.8 series from a commercial
perspective. Let's give those folks time to adjust to the WebKit climate,
there's hope that they may be able to contribute to the 4.8 code line.

Simon